RESINC SOLAR ROOKIE PROGRAM
The Rookie Lifesaver Program was introduced into Surf Life Saving Central Coast during the 1993/1994 season, developed to assist with the education and retention of our 12 – 14 year old members through a structured development program. The Rookie Lifesaver Program is aimed at developing our future surf lifesavers in the areas of surf education, beach management and related career paths within the surf life saving movement.
The Rookie Lifesaver Program has been developed for youth in U13-U14 age groups. Every Rookie is matched to a “Patrol Buddy” who will guide their development throughout the program. The experience to work with knowledgeable and qualified lifesavers to be accepted as an integrated part of a team in the patrol environment, which will ensure each of our Rookies undergoes the best training experience. The opportunities and experiences our Rookies receive will provide a positive footing for future development and training.
Aims of the Rookie Lifesaver Program
• Develop the hands on surf lifesaving skills of young members
• Provide a transition and bridge the gap between the nipper and senior lifesaving ranks
• Provide a structured career path in surf lifesaving
• Develop strong ties between Senior and Junior Members as a result of involvement in this program
• Club patrols will become more efficient as patrol members become involved with the development of juniors whilst on patrol.
• Understand the surf lifesaving philosophy
• Encouragement to complete the Surf Rescue Certificate, and ability to gain the Bronze Medallion (Cert II Public Safety – Aquatic Rescue).
• Have fun!
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE 2018-19 ROOKIE CHALLENGE CIRCULAR AND ENTRY FORM