Surf Life Saving offers many opportunities to its members and their families. Our Junior Activities Program or ‘Nippers’ is a great opportunity for families to become involved in Surf Life Saving. More importantly however, Nippers teaches kids how they can help themselves and their friends stay safe at the beach while having heaps of fun along the way.
SLSCC junior activities cater for more than 3200 young surf life savers. Making up over one third of our membership, nippers are not only our future but they are our ‘now’.
Some of the aims of the Nippers program include;
• Staying safe at the beach
• Develop surf safety and awareness skills
• Develop skills in surf sports
• Encourage personal development and leadership skills, including teamwork and improving self confidence
• Increased awareness of Surf Life Saving opportunities
• Deliver the opportunity for growth in a controlled environment
• Use surf sports skills in competition
• Make new friends
• Have fun!
For more information on joining a club or Nippers contact your local surf life saving club and ask about their Nippers program.