Leadership is a vital factor in the continued development of Australian communities. Surf Life Saving Central Coast (SLSCC) is committed to the personal development of identified leaders within its membership and the wider community.
The Newcastle Permanent Youth Development Program is aimed at Youth members within the U13 and U14 age groups with potential to become a leader and have an interest in improving their surf club.
The Program is structured as a one off weekend in a camp setting and is aimed at members who have qualities that can be developed to enhance their future and that of surf lifesaving.
SLSCC presents a range of leadership and team-building activities along with topic focussed presentations. The program also incorporates a workshop session aimed at allowing participants to develop events, functions and activities that they believe will increase Youth participation and satisfaction in surf life saving on the Central Coast.
Aims of the Newcastle Permanent Youth Development Program include:
- Create situations that promote fun learning experiences
- Create an awareness of current issues, pathways and opportunities
- Promote teamwork, communication skills and networking
- Form new friendships with other like-minded youth within the Central Coast Branch
- Develop confidence, self-esteem and empowerment in a supportive environment whilst positively recognising members
- Provide opportunities for ideas to be exchanged
- To gain knowledge of the structure of surf lifesaving
- Have fun!
It is expected that each participant will be fully committed and available for the Development Program over the whole weekend and are willing to contribute to the activities to their fullest potential.
Who Can Apply?
The Newcastle Permanent Youth Development Program targets current and financial U13-U14 age group members who have qualities that can be developed to enhance their future and that of surf lifesaving. It is also geared toward creating greater awareness of opportunities for these members. Potential participants can come from a range of different backgrounds, interests and areas of focus within the club environment.