The Education Officer is responsible for the administration requirements of the Surf Life Saving Central Coast Training and Education section as well as providing data entry and general administrative support across other areas of the business.
The Education Officer will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer. The position maintains functional relationships with the following personnel:
– Director of Education and Board of Education
– Club Executive Members and SLSCC Members
– Relevant staff members and portfolio Directors of SLSNSW and SLSA
– Other SLSCC Staff Members
Specifically, the position will have the following duties, identified with performance indicators within the Surf Life Saving Central Coast Strategic Action Plan.
- Provide support to SLSCC clubs to enable them to meet their requirements as per the SLSNSW Education portfolio requirements
- Provide coordination and administrative support to training courses and education programs
- Ensure Registered Training Organisation (RTO) compliance and coordination
- Attend to all customer enquires relating to training and education
- Update, maintain and review Surfguard database systems as required for training and education programs including processing of awards
- Support and educate Trainers and Assessors in the implementation of internal and external policy changes
- Coordinate and market the training course calendar
- Award processing and administration
- Trainer, Assessor and Facilitator (TAF) re-endorsement process
- TAF endorsements and applications
- Coordinate Board of Education meetings and the annual Education Field Day
- Provide advice and support to the Board of Education
- Support the Director of Education as requested.
(B) Administration and Customer Service
- Annual club compliancy
- Provide administrative support to the other areas of the business as directed by the CEO, including but not limited to data entry, distribution of resources, compilation of statistics, printing and mailing
- Manage general Surfguard responsibilities including processing of member transfers and entry of support operation logbooks and patrol logs
- RWC Proficiencies
- Provide support for general reception duties including first to answer incoming calls.
- Collation of the annual Club Contact Directory
- Participate in SLSCC projects as required by the CEO
- Participate in the day-to-day activities of SLSCC as required by the CEO
- Work in a manner that promotes teamwork and cooperation
- Provide advice, support and counsel to SLSCC volunteers as required.
- Ensure exceptional customer service with stakeholders.
It is desirable that the Support Officer member of staff demonstrate the following attributes and have the following qualifications:
- A knowledge of Surf Life Saving procedures and practices
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications
- Current NSW Driver’s License
- An ability to work with and coordinate volunteers
- Experience in providing high level customer service and communication
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) conditions and standards
- Well-developed computer and administration skills
- Commitment to flexible work hours
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks demonstrating sound organisational and time management skills
- Shows initiative, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Should you have any questions or would like more information, please contact the Branch office on 4353 0299.
Please forward your CV to email@example.com